JESUS FOR LIFE COMMUNITY CHURCH
OF SAN BERNARDINO
BACK TO CHURCH SUNDAY
SEPT 20, 2015
What does the Bible Say About Going to Church?
- The Bible tells us to meet together as believers and to encourage one another.
- As members of the body of Christ, we belong to each other.
- Christ's body is made of many parts, yet it is still one unified entity.
- We develop the character of Christ through bearing with one another in the body of Christ.
- In the body of Christ we exercise our spiritual gifts to serve and minister to one another.
JESUS CHRIST THE CREATOR
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made. . . . And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth" (John 1:1-3, 14). Paul reminds us: "For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him: And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist" (Colossians 1:16-17).
Would you like to receive God’s forgiveness?
We can’t earn salvation; we are saved by God’s grace when we have faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. All you have to do is believe you are a sinner, that Christ died for your sins, and ask His forgiveness. He knows you and loves you. What matters to Him is the attitude of your heart, your honesty. We suggest praying the following prayer to accept Christ as your Savior:
“Lord Jesus Christ,
I am sorry for the things I have done wrong in my life. I ask your forgiveness and now turn from everything which I know is wrong. Thank you for dying on the cross for me to set me free from my sins. Please come into my life and fill me with your Holy Spirit and be with me forever.
Thank you, Lord Jesus.